Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Life Update (& Race Recap): WCRC 4 Miler

4 years 11 months 4 days.
That's how long I've waited to say these words: I ran a PR. It's true, I could have earned a college degree faster than I was able to improve on a single one of my personal bests in any event.

Which is why I can now officially retire from competitive running with a clear mind.

The last time I ran a personal best was in the 1500m at NESCAC outdoor championships on April 24th, 2010. I came so close senior year to setting a PR in the 1000m during indoor track. So close in fact, that you might have to put an asterisk next to that 4yr mark. I actually ran my exact PR to the hundredth of a second (3:09.77), but a tie is not a better time, so the drought went on until now.
Don't worry readers, I'll still post on the blog about my new run for fun life!











Oh and if you actually believed that I'm retiring, HA. APRIL FOOL'S to you, you big fool!

No comments:

Post a Comment