Monday, June 30, 2014

Hitting the Trails

Recently I've been getting off the roads and hitting the trails. I'm really digging the scenery, the shade, and the post-run tick checks. Embarrassingly, I'm not the best at remembering to apply sunscreen before I head out on my runs, so if I'm running in the woods I can at least feel a little better about all the sun exposure I'm getting. One of my favorite parts of trail running is that you work hard for your run. You need to stay focused and maneuver the trails and because of this, it never gets boring. My Garmin watch doesn't love the trails so I often just run a timer and forget about my pace. These are the days that remind me why I love to run. It's not everyday I wake up and instantly want to hit the trails, but when they're beautiful and not sweltering hot, I just can't resist.

Since I'm into this whole being a responsible runner thing, I always bring my cellphone with me now, for safety and for music. The bonus is that I get to document all of my noteworthy and particularly verdant runs. This June, I have run on trails in Lincoln, MA (bike trails and Mt. Misery), Dover, MA for Father's Day:

Noanet Woodlands
Squinty family (minus Mom), Oiselle, and Boston in the background
Newly blazed and beautiful trails in Pomfret, CT:



A muggy morning run in Portland, ME, while visiting fellow CCTF teammates: 
Back Cove Panorama

My old stomping grounds in Concord, MA: 
Old Rifle Range
Obligatory selfie. Go Mules!
And attended a wedding on a beautiful estate in Virginia, where I got completely lost and loved exploring the winding paths:
Goodstone Inn trails

Post run, what a handsome date.
Up next, I'm headed to Vermont for 6 weeks of grad school and hopefully many more trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment