Saturday, January 11, 2014

Reflection on 2013, or, amusing things I wrote in my running log

Looking back on 2013 there were a lot of ups and downs in terms of training. I went from struggling to just run in January 2013 due to a mystery medical condition and eventually taking time off when most of my runs were ending in me in the fetal position on the treadmill, to looking at racing my first post-collegiate track meet in January 2014.  It certainly was a bit of an extended transition year out of college, but luckily that lent itself to me writing some weird stuff in my running log. Below are some samples of what happens when I write like no one's reading...

1/9/13
Feeling nostalgic for the killer group 3 mid-distance workout that was happening today at Colby, so I did one on my own on the treadmill. 1x800m @ 2:45. Got some funny looks, completely warranted...

2/11/13
Treadmill run, lots of abdominal pain today. Feel like I've tried the "rest and get better" theory for long enough with zero success and will be reverting back to the “ignore all pain signals” method

3/10/13
Slept 5hrs, worked 10hrs, ran 10mi. Take that, DC Doghead hangover...

3/22/13
Distractions prevented the execution of tonight's run.

3/27/13
Still not feeling the vibe at my new gym. Why would people annoy strangers with stupid conversations when they are clearly trying to work out? Meatheads.

4/2/2013 
Drove to Dundalk HS to try out their track….In other news, never returning to Dundalk EVER AGAIN, very sketchy.

5/20/13
the “no run – off” option should probably end in an exclamation point. Long day (6:40am-5:40pm) meant no running after work.

5/29/13
100% laziness. No regrets.

6/1/13
Wedding day run with Kat :) Hot and humid, saw some huge turkeys

10/2/13
Furlough day one (and only).

10/6/13 
No run: off!  Hansel, so hot right now.

11/1/13
unintentional tempo run. Suns out guns out on Nov 1st.!

11/2/13 
@NESCACS! Go Mules!

1/2/14
Nothing like starting out not-JanPlan with the infamous JanPlan repeat 800s workout all by yourself. Felt the cliff of the back of the treadmill on the last repeat as i drifted and faded away (that I had turned into a 400, which therefore turned into a 300). I'm getting too familiar with that emergency stop button, but at least it's fast.






2013 had too few CCXC reunions for my liking, hopefully 2014 can have more like this 10 mile relay race we did in August. 


No comments:

Post a Comment