Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January Jogs

Whatever happened to JanPlan? I seem to be enduring all the bad weather without the joys of being on Mayflower Hill with little responsibility. Jokes on you, cause I'm still a student and have had some fun January adventures. I started off the month with some neuroanatomy classes with the med students. Then, an 8 day adventure on the Cape! 8 full days of science camp! In the middle of January! The best time to be on the beach!
 >>> Disclaimer: some of the previous statements were facetious. Take your pick. <<<

Given our roughly 9am-10pm schedule, I was forced to run in the mornings. Blechhhhhhhhh
But, I made the most of it. I started off the trip by being blown backwards by 40mph winds. I managed to avoid the waves crashing over the storm walls. You'd think that was the most exciting run I had, but you're wrong! I also got into a standoff with two foxes. I arm wrestled one while putting the other into a headlock until they ran away. (Or maybe I yelled and clapped my hands like a fool until they ran off, most likely raising their little fox eyebrows at me). I have no proof of the fight, so you're gonna have to take my word for it. Anyways, I managed to bring my phone out on the very last morning and snap some pictures.
Proof I ran on the beach in January

Sometimes it's fun to look back

The other major development of January was me finally giving in and seeing a doctor about my asthma, which had become intolerable, incessant, and a huge pain in my...chest. I celebrated my first indoor workout that didn't result in a wheezing fest by sending a ridiculously over-excited snapchat, picture below...

Oh and there was also this big snowstorm that happened recently. Dunno if you'd heard about it, but it was kind of a big deal. Naturally, I went for a run in it. No excuses. Some guy even took a picture of me running, a little creepy, but I was ok with it.

Running in Boston Commons during Blizzard Juno

At least it was pretty. 


Thanks for reading! I hope that my ridiculous selfies haven't deterred you yet. I seriously need more running buddies so that I can stop looking like such a weirdo!

Sincerely,
Robyn "back on track" Runner

No comments:

Post a Comment